Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dawn Ride to Khashid Beach

It was a day before the Ride when I and one of my very close friend decided to bunk office and go for the much awaited fresh and stress free journey down to Khashid beach, 100 km ride from my place.

So, it was 6.00 am in the morning with Sun about to rise, it was chilly. I got myself ready with my new Nike shoes, Adidas jacket, a Vega helmet with gloves and knee pad. I started my bike with the Kick and here it goes Vroommmmmm the pulsar 180 cc with a little bit of modified. I and my close friend decided to meet at a point where in nobody from my office could see us.

I picked her from the spot where nobody roams around, to my surprise shocked to see her dress as if we are to going for the biggest ride to Goa (still waiting to go on my bike), she was wearing shorts and a low neck T shirt with black glares which actually suits to any lady and a nice small bag on her shoulder with a Hawaiian beach Chapal.

We took the Mumbai – Pune Highway route for Khashid beach with the cool breeze getting inside my helmet and making me more excited to drive faster as traffic was less. Wow, I suddenly saw clouds covering all over us, it started drizzling, she shouted don’t stop keep on riding am enjoying the climate (as if I would have stopped: P)

There’s a big turn to the right and we need to take a right turn for the Alibaug, Khashid route, she shouted from the back, it was loud but my Vega helmet saved me from the noise. I told her chill I know the route you just enjoy the climate: P. The roads were narrow, a little bit of bumpy rides, all surrounded by trees and it’s still raining. It was raining heavily but we didn’t stopped and continued our ride, we reached 20 km distance to Pen, we saw small children’s playing football with the volley ball in the small ground. We stopped and thought of having a nice cutting chai with some light breakfast. The volley ball came to me and I kicked it and gave it back to them lolz am a bad player the ball went and hit my bike tyre and I came to know my bike is all surrounded by the Mud.

10 mins and we are done with all our breakfast, it was still raining and we were very much drenched in the rain. We continued our ride to the Khashid Beach. Suddenly I heard some romantic song right behind from me, oh she is singing, tip tip barsa paani !! Yiueuuuuuuuuuuuuu no way Stop!! What u singing???? Oh! Daam ouch Ouch Ouch, speed breakers with no such signs on it. There you go we have to cross a muddy bridge, wow the climate is just getting colder and colder and all I can see is the Fog covering the Sea.

70 Km and I started shivering; I was shivering so was my partner and so was the bike: P, We crossed Alibaug and to our surprise the rain started slowing down. I can see the Sun coming out from the clouds.

Whoa the traffic increased and so was the heat, its 10 km more to Khashid, when we entered Revaganda I saw roads taking turns on the mountains, resorts on the mountain , a clean beach and the greenery surrounding the road.

An unforgettable journey!!!

2 comments:

  1. is it ur story or more or less ur Branding, u have discribed less bout khashid and focused more on ur icress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude wher is khashid in this story.....who will tell what happen in khashid or u didnt reach ther...

    ReplyDelete